Do You Know Your History?
Do you know your history?
1) What was the first country to recognize Mexico’s independence, in 1836?
2) What encyclopedia’s first edition, in 1771, described California as “a large country of the West Indies”?
3) Who was the only American to become vice president and president after resignations?
4) What year did the Dow Jones Industrial Average break both the 4000 and 5000 marks?
5) Who was the youngest man to chair the Joint Chiefs of Staff?
6) What 19th century president erroneously noted: “The ballot is stronger than the bullet”?
7) What Eastern European city was the last city to be liberated in World War II?
8) What symbol was first linked to the Democratic party in an 1870 cartoon by Thomas Nast?
9) Who was president of the U.S. when Uncle Sam first got a beard?
10) What Harry Callahan line did Ronald Reagan invoke to “tax increasers”?
1) U.S. 2) Encyclopedia Britannica 3) Gerald Ford 4) 1995 5) Colin Powell 6) Abraham Lincoln 7) Prague 8) Donkey 9) Abraham Lincoln 10) “Go ahead, make my day”